1191 E. Newport Center Drive
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
Phone: (954) 428-3888
Fax: (954) 428-5470
ONLINE CAREER CENTER
Search for a Position View All Job Listings Academic Positions Engineering Marketing Nutrition Operations Packaging Product Development Quality Assurance R & D Regulatory Sensory Technical Sales Technical Services Student Internships Post A Résumé All salaries are commensurate with degree and experience.
RESEARCH FELLOW I
Our client is one of the country's largest and most well-known producers, distributors and marketers of premium quality, branded food and pet products for the U.S. retail market. The Company also produces and distributes private label food and pet products.
They currently have a new opportunity for a Research Fellow I in their pet products division on the West Coast.
BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for driving research and product development projects from concept through commercialization, resulting in the launch of new snack or food products, improvement of existing products, relocation of products between production facilities, value engineering, and technology development to enable new product development or cost improvement.
PRINCIPAL CONTINUING RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for formulating and designing complex products with minimal managerial support. Projects must deliver the agreed upon metrics successfully, including (but not limited to) timeline, cost, aesthetic, commercial feasibility and consumer relevance. This position is also responsible for planning and tracking technical deliverables and timelines and ensuring the technical workflow fits within the overall project plan and timeline.
• Responsible for efficiently designing, planning, coordinating and executing complex experiments from bench-top through scale-up with minimal managerial support. Accountabilities include all project aspects such as: project design and timing analysis; cost analysis and management; sourcing raw materials; prototype development; rapid protocepting; data analysis and interpretation; managing chemistry and lab analysis; assessing process integration and co-packing feasibility; ensuring products are developed
within Nutrition, Regulatory, and QA guidelines; and managing product stability and shelf-life testing.
• Responsible for owning the technical implementation of projects and must be able to troubleshoot and resolve various project challenges with minimal managerial support as needed.
• This position critically reviews experimental results and provides recommendations on high complexity projects. The incumbent must also anticipate challenges and take initiative to pursue alternate solutions as appropriate, with minimal managerial support.
• Must maintain detailed records and have excellent knowledge, understanding and practice of intellectual property development and protection.
• As a technical leader, this position assists in mentoring junior staff in developing experimental and implementation skills and also provides technical support over external research programs.
• Must communicate (written or orally) complex messages clearly and concisely and in a manner appropriate to the specific audience. In addition to communicating current realities, the incumbent must also communicate future possibilities with credibility and influence to internal and external stakeholders.
• This position creates opportunities for new, ownable and relevant technology development for pet products application, driving these efforts internally or through external partnerships (vendors/universities, etc). The incumbent is responsible for building a long-term pipeline of highly differentiated technologies that are both consumer relevant and market viable. The incumbent will lead efforts to protect new technologies to provide the Company with competitive advantage in the marketplace.
• Responsible for directly or indirectly managing and developing junior technical staff. This position will also supervise pilot plant technicians, national plant operators (internal and Co-pack), and various support staff. The incumbent also functions as a back-up to the Manager or Group Manager, as necessary.
• This position also must have solid business acumen and be able to successfully lead and collaborate with cross-functional team members, including Marketing, Finance, Operations, Corporate Quality and Food Safety, Procurement, Co-pack, etc.
Minimum B.S. Degree in Meat Science, Food Science, or a related discipline.
Preferred: MS or PhD.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Predicated on education and experience. Typically 8 to 13 years.
• Must have broad depth of experience in developing and launching consumer products in the areas of meat science/meat analogues.
• Approximately 25% travel required—including occasional international travel.
• Strong project management skills.
• Must be willing/able to drive a Company or rental vehicle as needed.
• Expertise with Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be passionate and driven, yet flexible and willing to embrace changing business priorities and ambiguity.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Gina Tentzeras, 954-428-3888, or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all of our Job Listings, please...
For more information, please call:
954 428-3888 or Resumes at FoodScience.com
To view more jobs visit our Online Career Center to search for the perfect position: