1191 E. Newport Center Drive
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
Phone: (954) 428-3888
Fax: (954) 428-5470
ONLINE CAREER CENTER
Search for a Position View All Job Listings Academic Positions Engineering Marketing Nutrition Operations Packaging Product Development Quality Assurance R & D Regulatory Sensory Technical Sales Technical Services Student Internships Post A Résumé All salaries are commensurate with degree and experience.
Our client is one of the largest cookie manufacturers in North America. Their business segments include retail private brands and contract manufacturing. They currently have an opportunity for a Regulatory Specialist, Food Safety, at their Mid-Atlantic location.
Responsible for ensuring Company’s packaging meets ingredient, nutritional, food safety, and labeling regulation requirements. Position is integral to collecting, researching, and resolving issues and/or discrepancies, and ensuring 100% data integrity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides food labeling expertise and collaborates with government, Company divisions, and bakeries on compliance-related questions regarding products.
• Ensures kosher certification, documentation and proper labeling of products.
• Ensures compliance with unique ingredient requirements.
• Manages database and initiatives related to product specifications and labeling with customers.
• Assists product developers in formulating products to meet desired claims and/or nutritional requirements.
• Generates label content details for all of the technical elements of the labels, such as: nutritional data, allergen statements, ingredient listings, bar codes, etc.
• Resolves regulatory issues pertaining to food labeling.
• Leads and manages shelf studies on products.
• Manages nutritional analyses with outside labs.
• Manages regulatory aspects for ingredients and ingredient suppliers.
• Organizes and evaluates ingredient documentation from suppliers and co-manufacturers, and identifies deficiencies and/or clarifications and corrective actions as they relate to regulatory.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Food Technology, or related field.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in regulatory affairs and document management in a food manufacturing company.
• Advanced knowledge of FDA and USDA regulations and requirements.
• Knowledgeable of other countries' food labeling regulations and requirements, particularly Canada and Mexico.
• Ability to research regulatory issues, leading to resolution.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be conscientious, accurate, detail oriented, organized and a team player.
• Ability to quickly learn new systems/procedures. Must know how to utilize all resources available, be willing to learn and accept changing priorities. Adept at meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
• Strong PC skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Genesis, etc.).
• Strong demonstrated project management skills.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Gina Tentzeras at (954)428-3888 or email@example.com.
To view all of our Job Listings, please...
For more information, please call:
954 428-3888 or Resumes at FoodScience.com
To view more jobs visit our Online Career Center to search for the perfect position: